Re: extensions for luajit

  • From: steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:18:40 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Laurent Deniau <Laurent.Deniau@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The approach of using LuaMacro is the actually retained but as you mention,
> we may have to face some complexity/inefficiency.

It's faster than you think, but I understand that you want to to flag
these functions as being special _types_  (I'd suggest a slightly
different syntax for these special 'implicit' lambdas to distinguish
them from the ordinary case of a lambda without arguments). So if I
pass such a value to a function, then at _runtime_ it must decide
whether to do an implicit call based on its dynamic type.  That might
be hard to optimize (i.e. only Mike could do it) and so you have to
persuade him that it's a good idea ;)