RE: conclusion of LuaJIT leadership change?

  • From: Alex Guo <chessnut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:03:20 -0400

@Mike -- as a comment on transitioning a project, you probably need to find
someone that you trust to be the lead maintainer.
I dunno how much respect you'd have for Linus Torvalds, but he has said that
one of his biggest successes was finding the lead maintainer for Git. Linus
worked on Git for a couple years, but he hasn't been maintaining it since then.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junio_Hamano
Linus Torvalds has said that one of his own biggest successes was recognizing
how good a developer Hamano was on Git, and trusting him to maintain it.From:
chessnut@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: conclusion of LuaJIT leadership change?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 13:55:57 -0400

Hi,
Have we figured out how LuaJIT will be led? Judging from some of Mike's
comments, looks like we haven't...
--Alex Guo