Re: Valgrind 'invalid read of size 4' with LUAJIT_USE_VALGRIND defined

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1303@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:40:47 +0100

John Craws wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Mike Pall <mike-1303@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > John Craws wrote:
> >> I have tried modifying the Makefile to enable LUAJIT_USE_VALGRIND,
> >
> > Umm, have you read the comment block near that option?
> >
> >   # Use --suppressions=lj.supp to avoid some false positives.
>
> I have but I forgot to mention it in my original description.

The suppressions file depends on Valgrind's ability to see all
internal symbols. Either you haven't fully rebuilt after you set
CCDEBUG or something else is removing internal symbols. The shown
address can only be inside lj_str_new (inlined str_fastcmp) and
that's a known false positive that ought to be suppressed.