Re: To which extent LuaJIT is specific to Lua

  • From: Leo Romanoff <romixlev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:31:43 -0800 (PST)

Ryan <rymg19@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 21:19 Freitag, 29.November 2013:
> In reference to your last question: ever heard of PyPy/RPython?

Yes. Sure. I've read quite some articles about it, but haven't tried it yet.
And judging purely based on what I've read so far, it seems to be a more heavy
weight solution than LuaJIT in terms of required runtime support, overhead and
embedding possibilities. Also the quality of generated code seems to be good,
but not as good as produced by LuaJIT. But at the same time it seems to be way
more modular and designed with extensibility and support for other languages in
mind.