Re: LuaJIT in realtime applications

  • From: Luke Gorrie <lukego@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:05:51 +0200

Thanks Thomas for the feedback!

 [*]: You probably know that hard realtime is not possible on most
> hardware due to virtual memory, OS schedulers, and caches.

I'm pretty satisfied with avoiding paging by disabling swap and avoiding
scheduler-randomness by removing cores from the scheduler pool and
assigning them manually (linux boot isolcpus=... and taskset(8)). Calling
into the runtime system of a high level languages is an interesting nut
still to crack from my perspective :). t'would be especially amazing if it
were practical without needing a separate thread.