LuaJIT - Cannot create state: not enough memory

  • From: Daniel Ayoub <daniel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:01:23 -0800

Hi,

I successfully ported LuaJIT 2.0.3 to the Octeon III CN7xxx platform. This
is a MIPS64 architecture w/FPU. It compiled OK with a little effort however
my issue however is with running LuaJIT. The OS is linux (openwrt).

The error I'm receiving is as follows...

luajit: cannot create state: not enough memory
luajit-2.0.3: cannot create state: not enough memory

The embedded system has 1GB DDR3 and of that about 800MB is free. Is there
a setting I need to adjust during compiling for a low-memory system? I
checked the /src/luaconf.h and did a little hunting on google but did not
see anything.

Thanks,
Daniel