Re: FFI Performance

  • From: demetri <demetri.spanos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:08:24 -0800

>  http://luajit.org/ext_ffi_semantics.html#status

[link saying lightuserdata->void* is not compiled]

This is easy to avoid, but I am curious: is there some subtlety
that makes this hard to do correctly in the general case? Or is
it just a situation of reducing complexity in the JIT when there is
an easy way to solve the problem in the application itself? Or is
it Option C, "just haven't gotten to it and it's not a high priority?" :)

It doesn't affect me at all, but I'm always curious to know the
design factors that drive these kinds of tradeoffs.

Demetri