Re: Coroutines and FFI

  • From: "Soni L." <fakedme+lj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:20:37 -0300

On 25/03/15 04:18 PM, Coda Highland wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Soni L. <fakedme+lj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 25/03/15 04:04 PM, Coda Highland wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Soni L. <fakedme+lj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why can't I pass coroutines thru the FFI as lua_State*s?
Simply put, the FFI is not intended to interact with Lua at all.
Accessing the Lua state while an FFI call is on the stack is undefined
behavior and is very likely to blow up in your face.

(Accessing a DIFFERENT global Lua state via FFI is perfectly safe, as
the LuaJIT interpreter is reentrant.)

/s/ Adam

So... I can't have custom userdata? :/

Hmm... What about adding custom userdata creation to the FFI? (for both
heavy and light userdatum)

Seems like a faintly bad idea. It seems like a much better idea to
just work straight with cdata.

/s/ Adam

And how can I set __add __sub etc for cdata?