Assertion error...

  • From: John Szakmeister <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:52:18 -0500

I've been helping with the Neovim project, and was looking to update
us to the latest busted rc.  After fixing a couple of issues, I find
that I'm running into an assertion error in LuaJIT, but I can't really
tell what the problem is.  Given the fact that it's an assertion, it
seems like I should not be triggering this problem and it's as issue
in LuaJIT--hence the reason I'm reporting it here.

At the moment, it runs about a dozen of the unit tests, and then falls
over with this error from LuaJIT:
   luajit: lj_ctype.h:395: ctype_check: Assertion `id > 0 && id <
cts->top' failed.

Can anyone shed light on what this means?  Is there something I can do
to help debug the situation?

Thanks in advance!

-John