[lrs] 100% Table-Width Revisited

  • From: Adrian Sampson <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 01 10:03:16 -0800

Back to the issue of the 100%-widthed table.

I formally withdraw my (as I see now) unfounded comments earlier. I now
realize, after a bit of slipping into semi-conciousness and daydreaming,
that for a news site, or any content-driven type of site, a 100%-widthed
table makes perfect sense.

The reason for this is that, on a content-driven page, there becomes a
requirement for a jumble of links heirarchally and otherwise formed.
These can be stategically placed in columnar navigational areas to the
left and right of the content area. With a table width of 100%, the
content takes up all remaining space not taken by the columnar
navigational bars. For an example on a similar subject matter, try
http://www.theonion.com/.

Anyway, whatever.
- Adrian "okay-so-I-was-wrong-for-once-in-my-life" Sampson