[loulug] Standard Gnu/Linux Permissions, Owners, Groups information Assistance Needed.

  • From: "Justin W Elam" <justin.w.elam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: utklinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:08:57 -0500

Hello. Friends

 Could someone please send me in text format a copy of the standard
default permissions, groups, and owners for the standard gnu/linux
directorys as I happened to mess up my permissions with chown -R root
and chmod -R o-rwx
Yikes... so far my data has not been lost. Yea.

 /
  -bin
  -dev
  -proc
  -home
  -usr
    -usr/bin
    -usr/share
    -usr/...
  -root
  -var/
     --var/mail
     --var/cache
I need the rwxrwx--x- owner:group file/directory info for a gnu distro.
etc .

  unfortunately.. i haven't been able to get my
 X/gdm/xdm/kdm to properly work either, my guess it's permissions, as
well as the IPv6 fun multicast that opened my system.

Would like some help, and advice on what to do to prevent this from
happening again.  I'm thinking taking sudo access away from my
standard login user and IPv6 away from my PC.

groups
   user1-admin, user2-admin, user3,user4

   staff, adm, bin, www-data, users, user3,user4, user2, user1, root, etc..

thanks

 Justin
--
Justin W Elam