[loulug] Re: Outline of tonite's gathering

  • From: "DJ polstee" <djpolstee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:26:27 -0500

Yes, as David mentioned, we discussed the next meeting to be held Thursday,
Oct. 4 in Weir Hall but were undecided on a topic. Some of the ideas for a
topic were ZoneMinder or if Droops were available to discuss Asterisk. Jared
suggested maybe a discussion on the various windows managers for linux as
many of the students in Comp Sci are only familiar with the shell interface
of the main Comp Sci server. If any one would like to volunteer for this
topic or have another topic in mind, please speak up and mention the topic
idea so I can get the fliers ready and up.

Also, we talked about setting a simple website up with basic information
about the group and meetings on David's shared host. If someone would like
to design a basic webpage for this please speak up, I'm a GE not a designer
so if I did it, it'd end up being a black text on a white background. I
could provide any information needed for that.

Scotty