[Louisiana Cemeteries] American Slave Burial Project - Deadline October 30th

  • From: Louisiana Cemeteries <louisianacemeteries@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Post RootsWeb <la-cemetery-preservation@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Post to Louisiana Cemeteries RootsWeb Mailing List <la-cemeteries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, louisianacemeteries@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Topica Louisiana Cemetery Preservation List <LACEMETERYPRESERVATION@xxxxxxxxxx>, Post to Louisiana RootsWeb Mailing List <louisiana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

REMINDER FROM SANDRA ARNOLD

Thank you again for participating in my project.

This is just a friendly reminder that I need the completed entry form by
October 30th.  Receiving your information before or by this date will be a
tremendous help for my presentation - which is tentatively scheduled for
November 11th before the Fordham History and African American Studies faculty.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
Sandra A. Arnold
Tel: (212) 568-1954
Cell: (646) 548-7037

American Slave Burial Database Project
(Entry Information)
Page 1

General Information

1)      Name of Cemetery/Site:

2)      Name/Contact info for this Cemetery/site:

3)      Type:
        (Example: Slave Cemetery, Plantation Cemetery, Freeman Cemetery)

4)      Years of use:

5)      Location:
        (City, State, County)

6)      Pertinent Landmark:
        (Example: Next to a cotton field, under an oak tree, hilltop, etc.)

8)      If needed in the future, can a map to this site be provided:

9)      Current Association:
        (Church,  Family, Independent, Historical Organization, None, etc.)

10)     Overview:
        (full description & background about this site)

11)     Oversight/Care:
        (who provides upkeep for this site)

12)     Historian:
        (individual/organization that can provides  historical or genealogical
information about this site)

American Slave Burial Database Project
(Entry Information)
Page 2

Slave Graves

13)     What evidence leads you to conclude these are slave graves:
        (Example: Oral Tradition, Historical Documentation, Objects/Info left
at the site, etc.)

14)     Estimated number of total graves at this site:

15)     Number of enslaved persons buried at this site:

16)     Estimated number of unmarked graves of enslaved persons at this site:

17)     Estimated number of marked graves of enslaved persons at this site:

18)     Marked graves – what type of markers:

19)     Do markers have legible inscriptions? If so, please describe:

20)     Marked graves – what is the earliest death (year) recorded:

21)     Marked graves – what is the earliest birth (year) recorded:

American Slave Burial Database Project
(Entry Information)
Page 3

Other Information

22)     Are there graves of individuals who were not slaves at this site:
        (Example: Slaveholders, Blacks who were not slaves at the time of their
deaths, etc.)

23)     If so, please provide details:

24)     If needed, can digital pictures of this site be provided:

25)     Please detail any other significant information about this site and its
history:

American Slave Burial Database Project
(Entry Information)
Page 4

Entrant Information

26)     Name/contact info of individual providing this entry:

27)     What is your relation to this site:

c. 2007 - 2009 Louisiana Cemeteries