[lit-ideas] Re: wonderful imagery

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

And eve from heaven will fall, quoting from memory, Shelly, The Cloud.  Quite
consonant, but my professor did not agree with me that The Cloud revolves
around, if I remember correctly, Adam and Eve.   I'm still reeling from Eric's
account.  Sounds like he was almost having a nervous breakdown.  Just proves we
are emotional animals, no exceptions.  I think Shelly said that.

Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I was just reading a detective novel and the hero said "I smiled out loud"
which made me do the same.

Anyone else have favourite one liners with this kind of dissonant resonance?

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
radically better.