[lit-ideas] Re: È un fiore

  • From: "atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:37:18 -0500

JL is probably not familiar with "Mockingbird Hill" (here's the version by
Les Paul and Mary Ford: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeuVBZZjz7k

MOCKINGBIRD HILL

When the sun in the mornin' peeps over the hill
And kisses the roses 'round my window sill
Then my heart fills with gladness when I hear the trill
Of those birds in the tree tops on mockin' bird hill

Tra-la-la, tweedlee dee dee it gives me a thrill
To wake up in the morning to the mockin' bird's trill
Tra-la-la, tweedlee dee dee
There's peace and goodwill
You're welcome as the flowers on the mockin' bird hill

[Instrumental Interlude]

When it's late in the evenin' I climb up the hill
And survey all my kingdom while everything's still
Only me and the sky and an old whippoorwill
Singing songs in the twilight on mockin'bird hill

Tra-la-la, tweedlee dee dee it gives me a thrill
To wake up in the morning to the mockin' bird's trill
Tra-la-la, tweedlee dee dee
There's peace and goodwill
You're welcome as the flowers on the mockin' bird hill

More comments later.
Mike Geary
Mockingbird Memphis (they're flooding the air waves around here)