[lit-ideas] Re: tornados, etc.

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:44:23 -0000

Glad you and Mike are both OK.

and so I'm pondering whether to sink $500 into the box I have which would
upgrade it nicely or to try to spring for a laptop.

if I were you I'd spring for a new desktop! -- I probably will soon as my current one will collapse again any day now and putting it right and adding ram etc. would cost more...

I do already have a laptop, I confess. I don't find them as good as desktops (given my RSI). But look: if you can cope with a laptop why not go for the ASUS eee?

http://eeepc.asus.com/global/

Then there's that whole
ugly wireless issue.

my laptop's always helpfully pointing out there's a wireless network in range! ("Ugly"?)

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK