[lit-ideas] tenure redux

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:38:24 -0700

   Prof Charged With Leading Motorcycle Gang Drug Ring

Stephen Kinzey, an associate professor of kinesiology at California State University at San Bernardino, is a fugitive as authorities seek to press charges related to allegations that he led a group called the Devils Diciples (sic), a motorcycle gang that sold methamphetamine, /The Los Angeles Times/ <http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/college-professor-allegedly-led-motorcyle-gang-drug-ring.html> reported. Sheriff Rod Hoops announced the search for Kinzey at a press conference, saying: "It's alarming to me -- I have kids in college." Albert Karnig, president of the university, issued a statement in which he said that Cal State was unaware of the allegations until they were announced. "If the allegations are indeed true, this is beyond disappointing," he said.

Kinzey's Twitter feed <http://twitter.com/#%21/kinzeycsusb> indicated that on Wednesday and Thursday, he may have been late for class.

---Inside Higher Education, September 2.

Robert Paul