[lit-ideas] spinning

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:31:15 EDT

From CNN:
<<BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Coalition forces conducted a "precision raid" in
Baghdad's mainly Shia neighborhood of Sadr City early Thursday, destroying a
building used as a base of operations for the Mehdi Army, a U.S. military
source
said.
There were no coalition casualties and the source said insurgent casualties
were "minimal.">>
From Al Jazeera:
<<Thursday 08 April 2004, 14:11 Makka Time, 11:11 GMT
Doctors in Falluja want the siege on the town lifted for shifting patients
with serious injuries even as brutal street battles rage.
Two hundred and eighty people have been killed since the start of the siege
and 400 more injured, said Tahr al-Issawi, the director of Falluja's hospital
on Thursday.
"We also know of dead and wounded in various places buried under rubble, but
we cannot reach them because of the fighting," he said.>>