[lit-ideas] Re: plea

  • From: carol kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:03:39 -0700

Hi Julie,

Return of Martin Guerre, as Robert said, is probably the classic of this
sub-genre. I'm in the midst of a contemporary novel that turns it around a
bit--the wife is the returned survivor (*Trespass* by Valerie Martin). Come
to think of it, Isaac Baashevis Singer did this role reversal in *Enemies, a
Love Story.*

Any others, hmmm? A name for this plotline?

Carol