[lit-ideas] on-line media

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 05:01:06 EST

CNN is getting sloppy.  This morning's headline is "_'No  sign of life' at
buried school_
(http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/20/philippines.landslide/index.html)
".  The first lines of the  article are:
<<GUINSAHUGON, Philippines (CNN) -- Sounds  have been detected by rescuers
using high-tech equipment at the site of a  Philippine school buried by a
mudslide, but it was not clear whether the sounds  were made by survivors,
officials
said.
"We know there's something down there," U.S. Marine Lt. Richard Neikirk told
The Associated Press on Monday. "The farther down we went, the signals grew
stronger."
A Malaysian team using sound-detection equipment also detected noises.
"We have a sound," AP quoted Sahar Yunos of the Malaysia Disaster and Rescue
Team as saying. "Knocking, something like that.">>
Julie Krueger