[lit-ideas] Re: natural disasters

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:25:37 EST

I'm trying hard to wrap my mind around negative temperatures and a meter of
snow being more pleasant than positive temperatures and rain.....  so far,
it's not working....

but then, I grew up in Arizona where we had snowmen made from  tumbleweed....

Julie Krueger
loathing winter always
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: natural disasters
 Date: 1/11/05 11:00:03 A.M. Central Standard Time  From: _teme17@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:teme17@xxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I  keep wondering if there's any remote connection
> between the Asian
> earthquake & resultant tsunamis and the bizarre
> weather  going on on the West  Coast
> .....  has anyone read any  conjectures of this sort?

I guess that the mass of water  shifting due to the
earthquake could, possibly, theoreticly speaking  have
some effect. That it would explain bizarre weather in
California,  don't think so.

Speaking of weather, it's +7C, wet, dark and one  storm
after another here. We haven't got permanent snowcover
the whole  winter. It should be something like -5 to
-20 and half a meter of snow now.  Which would be much,
much more pleasant. I'm blaming it on  European
intergration, we didn't sign up for free movement  of
Franco-German winter weather!

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki,  Finland

Yahoo! Mail -  Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn  more.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250