[lit-ideas] Re: l[it-ideas] Kerry Hawk?

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:12:48 +0100

Monday, October 4, 2004, 9:39:40 PM, Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

CK> Today William Safire wrote in the NYT that Kerry is a actually neocon, and
CK> comments:

CK> "His abandoned antiwar supporters celebrate the Kerry personality makeover.
CK> They shut their eyes to Kerry's hard-line, right-wing, unilateral,
CK> pre-election policy epiphany. "

Kerry is almost certainly (according to commentators here who are
nothing like Safire) something of a hawk in international affairs. But
he's a social liberal -- I believe his Senate voting record shows that
-- hence, probably, Ted Kennedy's support for him.

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx