[lit-ideas] Re: for those who are into hypotheticals

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:17:29 -0400

My answer (after thinking for 6 seconds) is yes, certainly.
I'll have to think longer to tease out all the reasons, but surely Gore (or almost anyone else) would have reigned in Israel and demanded a ceasefire weeks ago. The Bush regime, instead, sends them more and better bombs and cries crocodile tears over the carnage. I can't think of a more morally bankrupt administration. Oh for the days of the "Teapot Dome Scandal." Or the tell-all spots on the navy blue dress. Ursula

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Had Bush not been re "elected" in 2004, or "elected" in 2000, would that have made any difference in the Israel/Hezbollah/Lebanon situation today?
Julie Krueger