[lit-ideas] Re: falsifiability falsified?

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:03:26 -0330

I don't think we need to make a meal out of P's views on falsification. Surely
the essential points are two:
1. given (if p then q) and q, p may still be false.
2. given (ip then q) and not-q, it follows that not-q.

Hence:

Falsification tells us something that mere corroboration does not and cannot.

Walter O
MUN