[lit-ideas] Re: Ze Conseil superior of ze audiovisuel

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:57:00 +0100

Le 1 f=E9vr. 05, =E0 15:29, Robert Paul a =E9crit :

> "It also polices the use of quotas on French radio which requires=20
> stations to
> play at least 40% of songs in French."

M.C. It may seem to uninformed Francophobes that this is just a silly,=20=

meaningless regulation. In fact, however, it is based, like all things=20=

French, on profound philosophical speculation. It has been known since=20=

the Stoics that facing adversity is important for the formation of=20
national character, and avoiding that widespread phenomenon whereby=20
advanced nations become soft and effeminate, like certain peoples de=20
l'autre c=F4t=E9 de la Manche. Therefore, since listening to French=20
rock-n'-roll is among the most painful experiences known to mankind, we=20=

have decided to impose it upon the entire population. This will soon=20
result in a nation of steel-willed , resolute and warlike people,=20
entirely able to fulfill our long-cherished plan of taking over zee=20
World.

        Bwa-ha-haaaaa!

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)