[lit-ideas] Re: Why Is There Nothing Rather Than Something? (A Poultry Question)

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 15:33:19 -0700

In case you were wondering about the non-appearance of a chicken book...

This is because the literary agents I have sent the book proposal too have
replied (all but one) that while the proposal is amusing and interesting and
generally comes higher in the pecking order than many...it's not for
them...under the present circumstance...etc.  Thus it cannot be, dear
readers...just yet.

BTW I was wondering why we say "if push comes to shove."  Pike warfare
apparently.
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8376/what-is-the-origin-of-the-phrase-when-push-comes-to-shove

David Ritchie,
Chief Shoveler, not to be confused with a Dabbling Duck or even an Oregon Duck,
Portland,