[lit-ideas] What was the subject, anyway...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:42:10 -0500

Can't remember the subject line for a conversation a week or two back that this little tidbit would have fit under. Perhpas it was someone's mention of Waterloo. Having lived through the Watergate era and all the following 'gates' (Troopergate is in the news again this morning), I remembered my surprise years ago to find that the Peterloo Massacre was so named to echo Waterloo. I don't know if there were any further 'loo' endings...

Best,
Ursula