[lit-ideas] Re: What the #$*! Do We Know!?

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:13:54 -0500

Well, either way.  Now I'm stuck going to see "SAW."   I _never_ get to pick
the movies.  God damn it.

Erin

SAW

A young man named Adam wakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a
decrepit subterranean chamber. Chained to the opposite side of the room is
another bewildered captive, Dr. Lawrence Gordon. Between them is a dead man
lying in a pool of blood, holding a .38 in his hand. Neither man knows why he
has been abducted, but instructions left on a micro cassette order Dr. Gordon
to kill Adam within eight hours. If he fails to do so, then both men will die;
Dr. Gordon's wife, Alison, and his daughter will also be killed. Recalling a
recent murder investigation by a police detective named Tapp, Dr. Gordon
realizes he and Adam are the next victims of a psychopathic genius known only
as "Jigsaw." With only a few hours left to spare, they must unravel the
elaborate puzzle of their fate in the midst of mounting terror. The killer has
provided them with only a few clues and two handsaws--too weak to break their
steel shackles, but strong enough to cut through flesh and bone.-

Quoting Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Has anyone seen this?
>

> Erin
> Toronto
>

> http://www.toronto.com/profile?fid=12&id=876380
>
> What the #$*! Do We Know!?
>
> Movie Profile
> Why do we continue making the same mistakes? Why are we having the same
> relationships? Why do we keep getting the same jobs over and over again? In
>
> this infinite sea of potential around us, how come we keep creating the same
>
> realities? Following the story of Amanda, a divorced photographer, the film
>
> dives into a fantastical 'Alice in Wonderland' of chance meetings and
> unexplained phenomenon. As her daily, uninspired life begins to unravel,
> Amanda
> becomes more and more aware of the uncertain world of the quantum field
> hidden
> behind what we consider to be our normal, waking reality. Through her
> journey,
> Amanda realizes that by truly looking into the world and not just at it, her
>
> life will never be the same.-

Erin