wondering if anyone recalls the three posts a day limit . . .
Do we have anyone left on the list with energy enough to write four posts in a
From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of david ritchie
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2018 10:17 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] What We Avoided
I’m assuming that no one on the list is named Verdun.
Remembering the war
* 1,634 babies were given names related to the first world war between
1914-1919 in England and Wales.
* 901 babies were given the name Verdun, making it the most popular.
* 166 babies were called Kitchener and 11 were named Haig.
* 120 babies were called Victory, 107 of whom were born at the end of the
war. 84 babies were named Peace.
* Almost all children named Armistice were born on 11 November 1918, or
within a few weeks of this date.
* At least 10 babies were called Passchendaele.
* 15 babies were named after the Somme.
* 71 babies were called Ypres.
* Three babies were named Amiens.
Full story here:
wondering if anyone recalls the three posts a day limit,