[lit-ideas] Re: Weather Channel Climate Expert Calls for Decertifying Global Warming Skeptics

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:53:30 -0500

My favourite bit on this blog...

"TV weathermen are truly the last of the independent scientists..."

Kind of makes me doubt the writer's common sense.
While I decry any kind of 'chill' on scientific enquiry, I think the bigger (and more dangerous) chill has come from the Bush Administration, hiring and firing and funding on the basis of adherence to the 'head in the sand' party line.
Ursula
in North Bay

Brian wrote:

The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=32abc0b0-802a-23ad-440a-88824bb8e528 <http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=32abc0b0-802a-23ad-440a-88824bb8e528>