[lit-ideas] Was Heidegger a Heel?

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:36:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/2009 12:24:25 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
--- On Thu, 23/4/09,  palma <palma@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> lacking any particular expertise  on
> excremental deduction it would seem
> plausible to argue that  being a shit from heels up is worse
> than havibng
> shit on your  heel, since the heel can be washed, yourself
> is hard to
>  wash-away

I perhaps have much excremental expertise and generally find it  much
easier to wash away the shit in my soul than wash away shit on the sole.

Donal
Acting his shoesize not his  age
Ldn

-----

Also, in saying,

"You  are a shit in heels"

(Ryle to Heidegger, Symposium at Basilea, June  1972)

it's saying (and implicating) more on Ryle than  Heidegger.

Some may still remember Heidegger's abrupt  response:

scroll

down

scroll  down

scroll  down