[lit-ideas] Uru-dition

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:24:59 -0400

On 7/10/2010 7:41 PM, Richard Henninge wrote:

Every time the Uru player who caused that penalty kick with his emergency hand ball on the goal line, every time he touches the ball in the game against Germany, he is roundly booed by the Africans in attendance.

Yeah there is no joy in Mudville. Mighty Casey has struck out.

Those interested in literary books about sport might enjoy O'Neill's _Neverland_. Largely set in NYC, the book taught me more about cricket than I thought possible.

Eric