[lit-ideas] Re: Tuesday Poem, Written on Friday Night

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:16:02 -0700

on 8/24/04 7:32 PM, Andy Amago at aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> A.A.   I'm curious, do you find yourself watching what you say when you're
> with your cousins?

My wife's cousins.

I'm wondering what you're asking exactly?

Do I feel that therapists will see in me an irresistable case and set upon
me somehow?
Do I think they will be offended if I have fun with their discipline's
vocabulary?
Do I think they will be irked by my urbane understanding of how to cook
mussels?

Often we swap tales of shell-shock in the First World War--my special
subject-- and their treatment of Vietnam and other veterans.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon