[lit-ideas] Too hilarious

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:29:49 EST

Bush: Bin Laden helped me, book says

Tuesday, February 28, 2006; Posted: 12:42  p.m. EST (17:42 GMT)

President Bush answers questions  during his meeting with Italian Prime
Minister Silvio Berlusconi on Tuesday.

(javascript:CNN_openPopup('/services/overture/cl/frameset.exclude.html','620x430','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no
,resizable=no,width=620,height=430'))

QUICKVOTE

Did Osama bin Laden help to re-elect George  W. Bush?  Yes   No    or _View
Results_
(javascript:CNN_openPopup('/POLLSERVER/results/23505.exclude.html','popuppoll','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbar
s=no,resizable=no,width=620,height=430'))

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- President Bush said his  2004 re-election victory
over Sen. John Kerry was inadvertently aided by Osama  bin Laden, The
Washington
Examiner newspaper reported Tuesday.
The al Qaeda leader had issued a taped diatribe against Bush the Friday  b
efore Americans went to the polls
Bush said there were "enormous amounts of discussion" inside his campaign
about the 15-minute tape, which he called "an interesting entry by our enemy"
into the presidential race.
Bush's comments in the Washington newspaper were excerpts from the new book
"Strategery" by Bill Sammon, a longtime White House correspondent.
"What does it mean? Is it going to help? Is it going to hurt?" Bush told
Sammon of the bin Laden tapes.
"Anything that drops in at the end of a campaign that is not already decided
creates all kinds of anxieties, because you're not sure of the effect.
"I thought it was going to help," Bush said.
"I thought it would help remind people that if bin Laden doesn't want Bush to
 be the president, something must be right with  Bush."