[lit-ideas] Tiny Miller Theatre Airs Mesopotamian Dispute

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:31:37 -0500

If I get the chance to go to this, I'll give my report to the list. Doesn't look like Columbia University has stacked the deck too much, but the audience may get rowdy. It's a small theater. Better for the Bach Trio Sonatas on April 7 than for an Iraq Attack-arama with a rambunctious crowd. -EY

Theatre of Ideas IRAQ THREE YEARS LATER Monday, March 20, 8:00PM

with Noah Feldman, Victor Davis Hanson, Joe Klein, Kenneth M. Pollack, and Andrew Sullivan
The United States invaded Iraq on March 20, 2003. Miller Theatre marks the third anniversary by bringing together a panel to talk about the war and issues relating to American involvement. Join us for an up-to-the-minute evaluation of the situation in Iraq by Noah Feldman, professor of law, New York University, and author What We Owe Iraq: War and the Ethics of Nation Building; Victor Davis Hanson, columnist for the National Review Online and author of A War Like No Other: How the Athenians and Spartans Fought the Peloponnesian War; Joe Klein, senior writer for TIME magazine and author of Primary Colors; former National Security Council member Kenneth M. Pollack, author of The Threatening Storm: The Case for Invading Iraq; and Andrew Sullivan, essayist for TIME magazine and senior editor at The New Republic.

Tickets: $15; CU Students: $7
Non-CU Students and CU Fac/Staff (w/ valid ID): $9

Miller Theatre Box Office|116th & Broadway Phone: 212-854-7799|www.millertheatre.com