[lit-ideas] Re: Time - Global Warming Pro's and Con's

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:31:37 -0400

We can do it your way, not a problem.  Just for the record, your other link
says maybe there is global warming.  Excepting:

The most recent study on the issue, published this month in the journal
Science, found that while the incidence of hurricanes and tropical storms has
remained roughly constant over the last 30 years, there has been a rise in the
number of intense hurricanes with wind speeds above 211km/h (131mph).
The leader of that research project, Dr Peter Webster, believes there may be a
link to climate change.
"What I think we can say is that the increase in intensity is probably
accounted for by the increase in sea-surface temperature," he told the BBC News
website, "and I think probably the sea-surface temperature increase is a
manifestation of global warming."
Personally, I don't see why people object so vehemently to cleaning up their
own air and water even without global warming.  It's everybody's planet, or so
one would like to think.  BTW, the Time article says that climate (not weather,
but climate) can change on a dime, in as little as three years.  That's news to
me.  It also says the frequency of hurricanes hasn't changed, but the intensity
is on the rise from the warmer gulf waters, echoed by the BBC.  Pointing to
1900 and 1935 doesn't change that.

Andy