[lit-ideas] Re: Three arguments against quantitative social "science" as science

  • From: palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:58:40 +0200

consider.
the plants died beCAUSE the gardeners did not water them
your claim is that there is no causal link, hence the correlations are a
set of non finite cardinality.
hence the plants died since philosophers say stupid things.
what is the notion of proof at stake?
note that according to this (which is not Hume's by the bye) conception,
people do not starve because they do not eat, since their death correlates
equally well with the passing of time.
regards

--
palma,   etheKwini, KZN