[lit-ideas] Re: Things to Die For/Things to Live for --The Overlap and Lack of It: A Lit-Ideas Questionnaire

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:36:03 -0800

The Battle of Waterloo was fought in the playing fields of Eton.

I don't know if others have already pointed this out: when Wellington was at Eton, there were no playing fields. In fact, there were no sports at all. That came later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eton_College

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com