[lit-ideas] Re: Things to Celebrate

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:46:30 -0800

And here, from today's Scotsman, is Patricia Ferguson, culture minister. On another day she'll announce the end of a new journey, when she and a bunch of determined ministers--you can just see them in hiking boots, anoraks and bobble hats, can't you-- arrive at a place that celebrates both culture and the experience of culture. I bet it turns out to be a pub.

Key quote
"Today marks the start, not the end, of a new journey towards achieving our ambitious aspirations for Scotland's cultural life. Scottish ministers are now determined to continue that journey to reach a Scotland which values and celebrates its culture and its experience of culture" -

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon