[lit-ideas] Re: The rise of Lieberman

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:36:19 -0500

>>Recent corruption and sex scandals had already tarnished the image of the political class.

Where, you didn't ask, is that fabled "silver image" of the political class that somehow gets tarnished by rampant bozo corruption? How many times can an image get tarnished in one person's life before that image has lost the capacity to be further tarnished? Can tarnish itself get tarnished? And what other types of maculation can sully or befoul "the image of the political class"? We should, but you didn't, ask these questions often, but not too loud or so publicly that we become a nuisance.