[lit-ideas] Re: The cult of personality

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:18:11 +0000

Wittgenstenians are not a worthy enemy.
I stick with my pride

From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Omar Kusturica
Sent: 28 April 2015 15:41
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The cult of personality

Btw secret handshakes, stealthy meetings in the attic etc. are features of
secret cults. Wittgensteinians are not a secret cult but a public one with a
pretty good standing in the academia so they would hardly need such things. Yet
the insider-outsider idea does seem to be strong, and it seems that there are
group codes that go with this, as we might expect. For example, it has been
argued here that I can't understand Wittgensteinians - this is a debatable
claim but if true then it shows that there is a sort of a group version of
''private language' at work.

I am off to a conference with the lions in the garden now.

O.K.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Adriano Palma
<Palma@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
The Wittgenstein cult is funny, to be sure.
The man was an interesting character though wholly unpleasant