[lit-ideas] The Worst Opera Ever

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:44:22 EDT

I have no idea which one could _that_  be.
But, hey, this list has been dead quiet since C. B. uttered his
self-pragmatic contradiction. To  wit,

STOP BEING SO F--------ING RUDE!!!!!!

---

I think the possibly  worst opera is by Meyerbeer.

------ The other day I was browsing online  photos by philosophers taken by
one S. Pike. My favourite has to be Philippa  Foot -- and her comment is
genial too: "Ask something to a philosopher, and  after he or she talks a bit,
you no longer understand your  question".

There are also _very_ good, artsy photos of

J. R.  Searle
S. Hampshire -- a profile, with a good motto: "Truth is of interest to
philosophers, only. They can spend a large part of their lives thinking about
it"
The Warnocks -- very good commentary by Geoffrey on what philosophy is
about.

----

Cheers,

JL