[lit-ideas] The Greatest dead Philosopher

  • From: adriano paolo shaul gershom palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:35:00 +0200

to be sure, we should discuss heidegger to death, what else, if arguments
get exhausted we shoud discuss heidegger's wife, then his mistress, the
little leather clad trud is noty exuastible

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM, <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps we SHOULD discuss Heidegger. Grice calls  him "the greatest living
> philosopher" when he delivered the William James  Lectures in Philosophy
> (and Psychology) back in Harvard in 1967.
>
> He was  illustrating, "believe what I say".
>
> "On the condition that you are  assuming I'm being sincere in what I say,
> if I utter, "Heidegger is the greatest  living philosopher", what I mean-nn
> by it (rather than merely mean-n it -- [nn:  nonnatural, n: natural), you
> should believe that I do BELIEVE that Heidegger is  the greatest living
> philosopher.
>
> Or not, as McEvoy would say  (*)
>
> Today, it would not make _sense_ to say that Heidegger is the  greatest
> living philosopher (for obvious reasons, check Wiki for exact date of  his
> material death).
>
> Cheers
>
> Speranza
> * McEvoy was using "or  not" in ways that D. Helm did NOT found redundant
> (he used his example with his  dog, "Are you staying in, or not?" (i.e.
> going
> out). Etc.
>
> In a message  dated 3/15/2013 4:34:56 A.M. UTC-02, cblitid@arcor.dewrites:
> Martin  Heidegger's was made
> with great care [Sorge]; always freshly Ground  [of Being]. (I believe
> he got the recipe through Hannah from her  grandmother.)
>
> And as to 'orange marmalade' ... I'm warning you: don't go  there

palma,  e TheKwini, KZN

*יד*  וַיַּעַן עָמוֹס, וַיֹּאמֶר אֶל-אֲמַצְיָה, לֹא-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי, וְלֹא
בֶן-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי:  כִּי-בוֹקֵר אָנֹכִי, וּבוֹלֵס שִׁקְמִים.

 palma

University of KwaZulu-Natal

Howard College Campus, philosophy department

Durban 4041 South Africa

Tel off: [+27] 03 12 60 15 91 Fax [+27] 03 12 60 30 31

admn Y. Hordyk : [+27] 03 12 60 22 92

mobile 07 62 36 23 91 from abroad +[27] 76 23 62 391

EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx

palma's office 280 (3rd flr of Mtb)

from 2o13\o1  p212 on cognition p308 on rigidity p102 intrPHIL

 - check venues&schedule at administrator office  TBA

 *only when in Europe*:

inst. J. Nicod

29 rue d'Ulm

f-75005 paris france