[lit-ideas] The Great Dying

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:33:29 EST

I have a sudden fascination with the Paleozoic era, particularly Permian
period (I was somehow entirely unaware of "The Great Dying"!).  Websites I
have
found through Google are either geared toward little kids or so  academically
detailed that I can't get the "big picture".  I think I want a  Cliff's Notes
to the subject, complete with pictures, not images I have to click  on one at
a painstaking time and enlarge (the computer I'm presently using is  .....
way obsolete).  Someone who is familiar with paleontology  suggest a
Paleontology For Dummies website or book?  (Would you believe  that AOL
underlines the
word "Google" as a misspelling?)

Julie Krueger