[lit-ideas] Re: The Final Finger of Fate Revisited.

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:08:21 -0400

Actual body counts are a worthwhile antidote to all sorts of panic attacks. Thanks for the dark background...and the sweetness and light. Ursula
North Bay

Mike Geary wrote:

I don't know why I was being so alarmist.
Actually, that's only 62 kids (less than that really, a few of those were teachers, but for convenience we'll call them all kids). Now, Whitman did his deed in 1966, that was 40 years ago, so only 1.5 kids have been killed per year -- not so bad. And if you look at it as a percentage of the population -- say 280,000,000 (average over the past 40 years) that would be like .00002 percent of the population. No sweat. Have at it boys. And have fun, darn ya.