[lit-ideas] Re: The English Season

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:05:40 +0100

JL wrote about 'silly season' sports. Seemed more like silly sports in season, but more importantly, how can Cricket and Lord's be in the same sentence as silly. You can have all the rest and all the toffs that go with them, but cricket at Lord's is as much an event for the peeps as it is a venue for posh stripy ties (but not, note, too many posh frocks).

Anyway, to mix stuff up, yesterday we played at Wembury!

Wembury Wembury
Sandwiches and tea in the shed at Wembury.
Wembury Wembury
There's a really flat pitch on the lawn at Wembury
Wembury Wembury
Chili in a bowl at The Wheel in Wembury

Just like other traditions, we play at Wembury just once a year. Wembury seem quite glad of this.

Cheers

Simon