[lit-ideas] Re: The Analytic Philosophy of Dis-Ease

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:56:44 -0000

>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Or "ecology."  If mankind is "diseased" then mankind might be cured. But if
mankind IS the "disease," and the environment is the real patient, perhaps the
only way to "cure" the planet is to remove the cause of the disease?

If 'environment' is defined as 'anything/everything not-human' or
'anything/everything
not-human and not made by humans', perhaps.  We might though ask why
the definition of natural environment as 'all living and non-living things that
occur
naturally on Earth' is nonetheless taken to exclude humans.

(Gaia cures its own diseases, wherefore we humans need do nothing... but
Lovelock's
views have, I believe, changed.)