[lit-ideas] Re: T and T video

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:15:48 -0700

and England (and Wales?); but I thought it was because they aren't England.

As you see in the article, the question is a complex one and worth dozens of stories in the "Scotsman"! The newspaper has talked about: who the first minister will be supporting, who Gordon Brown will be supporting, whether Gordon Brown's air travel will allow him to watch a match, how much Scotland depends on English tourists' goodwill...on and on...

Here, by contrast, on the day the U.S. lost to the Czechs, I decided to watch film on the television news. At six, I tried: nothing. At ten I tried again. Nothing. Very Stalinist. Errors and losses aren't news.

A BBC man asked an English Soca Warrior whether he had divided loyalties. It was a joyous moment!

I hope he does. We all should have them.

T and T party video here

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl? scope=all&edition=d&q=Trinidad&go.x=44&go.y=10

"We're sorry, the content you requested is for U.K. viewers only." Where are the hackers when you need them?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon