[lit-ideas] Re: Strange light & clouds

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:59:44 -0800

I don't know what parts are played by the different weather conditions,
lenses, and cameras.  Yesterday & today I struggled with lighting
--yesterday because of fog & today cloud variables.  I tried a lot of
different things both days.

My best monochrome days were somewhat dark, an E-1 camera and a Pentax
Legacy lens, unless one wants to count the days when everything growing
seemed monochromatic.

Yesterday I used a Minolta legacy lens and the E-520 (which is more advanced
than the E-1) and couldn't master the fog.  Today I used the E-520 and a
more advanced lens, the Sigma 18-125mm and mastered the changing light
perhaps half the time.

Lawrence