[lit-ideas] Re: Stolen posters etc. was Re: Re: [lit-ideas]SUNDAY POEM

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:28:24 +0100

Hello Marlena

Eac> I *did* end up telling Ben what happened--his main reaction was to ask if
he
Eac> could tell his 'main' teacher what had happened (his social studies teacher
Eac> is very very pro-Bush but not his science teacher who is his homeroom
teacher
Eac> and whom he likes very very much [he just got his report card---he was
making
Eac>  100% in social studies until they started studying the election--so he now
Eac> has  93%.  He did make 100% in science though <g>.]  He told her--and  then
Eac> also told her that I had made muffins as a reaction to it (I admit that is
 what
Eac> I had done--I made banana nut muffins [the bananas were ready to go bad if
Eac> they were not used anyway <g>] and he told me that she smiled at that and
said
Eac> "That Marlena--of course she would!".

:-) (I like banana muffins.. )

Eac> Yes, I have a new sign out...(since I know where to get them  <g>)   But, I
Eac> do have one in my window now--thanks for the  idea!  (and it is good--the
one
Eac> on the yard looks sideways to each  side--but the one in the window looks
Eac> out--for the people driving upward and  ready to turn--we live on a
corner...and if
Eac> you are driving upward, you cannot  really see the sideways sign since I
Eac> moved it closer to the house...)

right -- good -- we have the window ones simply because most of our
houses lack the kind of front garden you have (or are we shy?!).

Eac> I am looking at both a security system (but the company owned by a friend
Eac> has Bush signs on its lawn so I will not use the 'hometown security
company' )
Eac> and the concept of a motion detector as was suggested...

ah -- yes!

Eac> Missouri will be interesting in a couple of weeks.  Even in KC they  are
Eac> expecting problems...

I read about it, yes. I also read Missouri is very close but Bush is
expected to take it -- but really the whole election is too close to
call

Eac> Thanking you for caring,

you're welcome

Judy